Red Dots on pistols are becoming more popular (again) as options for carry weapons. Part of mastery is training – here it is!
Must have already taken a fundamental class by a vetted instructor. Student should be able to clear Dot Torture drill at 3 yards
- Zeroing your red dot. 10 yard zero. 25 yard confirmation. Ammo selection.
- Draw and how to stop fishing for the dot. Why back up irons are necessary?
- Only use the necessary amount of information required to make an acceptably accurate shot at the speed and distance required.
- Red dots up close. 5 yards and in.
- Red dots at distance
- Speed: Efficiency of draw and presentation. Concealed and Open setups. Speed is the economy of motion. Speed is not useless frenetic movement. Micro Drill training method.
- Dot tracking: Grip, stance, dot movement, predictability. Stop over confirming the dot!
- Modes of Practice: Speed mode. Accuracy Mode. Real Mode.
- How to get better on your own. Dry fire for skill building. Live fire for confirmation.
- Target transitions
- Shooting on the move
- Why you should compete
- Mini match to test skills
An opportunity to test for the Black Belt Patch.
*Refunds will only be made if the class is canceled. If a student cannot attend the class they signed up for, they will be given a credit to another class of comparable value.
Range fee is $25 per student. Payable at time of class.
About Me (Scott Jedlinski)
Lifelong martial artist (TKD, Muay Thai, BJJ), no LEO or military experience (save being an Air Force brat) I have received hundreds of hours of training from people I consider to be the best in the industry ranging from tactical/self-defense to competition.
I am a Master class shooter in USPSA. I am the 16th recipient of the F.A.S.T Drill (#15) coin. I am a three stripe Purple Belt under Tony Passos.
In addition, I am also a contributor on PrimaryandSecondary.com and a moderator on the P&S’s Facebook groups. My classes and thoughts have been shared in publications like Recoil Magazine and the NRA’s Shooting Illustrated. I have been interviewed on well-known shows like Ballistic Radio, Firearms Nation, and Street Warrior Radio.
More importantly, I have learned, broke bread, shared drink, asked questions and (carefully) expressed my opinion with many professional freedom fighters without getting my ass handed back to me. This relationship has afforded me the honor of instructing members of Pentagon ERT, Fairfax County K9, NYPD Instructor Cadre, Chicago SWAT, Ohio Tactical Officers Association, Texas Tactical Police Officers Association, George Mason University Police, Santa Ana CA PD, the FBI National Tactical Training Unit and many more.
While I can teach many aspects of the successful implementation of a pistol, my main focus is the instruction of the red dot equipped pistol.
I hope to offer my services to help you get started on your journey to understanding how to defend yourself and your loved ones.
Be Good. Stay Safe. Get Training.